Health & Safety at the Golden Farmers Market during COVID-19
The Golden Chamber is working closely with the City of Golden and Jefferson County Public Health to ensure a safe environment for all.
As members of the Farmers Market Coalition and the Colorado Farmers Market Association, we are staying in touch with other farmers market operators who are doing their best to navigate the operational changes amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Again this year, the market will look different from the social gathering space we know and love. Rather than a place to hang out, socialize, and browse, this year’s market is geared towards brief commercial interactions with the purpose of shopping for food – think of this year’s market as an outdoor grocery store rather than the special event we’re used to.
We anticipate our restrictions will change as Jefferson County adjusts their position on the COVID-19 dial, but until then – we will proceed under the same set of restrictions as last year’s market.
Here are the measures we’re taking to comply with health and safety guidelines:
- One designated entrance and exit to monitor the number of people in the market to 2 customers per vendor booth.
- The entrance and exit are located at the intersection of 10th and Illinois St. Please note we are blocking off the entrances from Clear Creek by the Billy Drew Bridge.
- Increased space between vendor booths to allow for social distancing
- Handwashing stations and sanitizer throughout the market
- All prepared foods must be pre-packaged and taken to go
- Until local authorities have told us it is safe to resume, the following will not be available:
- No live music
- No food sampling or on-site consumption
- No seating
- No kids activities or special events
- No artisan, non-profit or sponsor booths
COVID19 Shopping Guidelines
Here’s what you can do to help us stay open until October:
- Wear a face covering (required)
- If you’re not feeling well, please stay home
- Use the designated entrance & exit and wait until 8 a.m. to enter the market
- Be patient if you must wait your turn to enter the market
- Follow our 6 ft distancing marks and maintain social distancing at all times
- Follow our one-way flow of traffic
- Limit your party to 1 to 2 people
- Allow vendors to handle their products and hand them to you
- Pre-order from vendors if possible
- Take your food to-go and do not consume anything on-site
- Leave pets at home
- Keep your visit short
- Use cards vs cash
- Be kind – we’re all in this together!
Please & Thank You So Very Much!